Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturdaily and Thoughts About Dave

... for the record, I'm STILL psyched about Kansas winning the NCAA Championship!  I won BOTH of the pools I was in (neither for $$!) and for the first time ever, I got the final 4 correct!


I ran 6 miles today as shown above.  Good times... I'm really really enjoying what I'm doing this year with my running.  I'm running (or working out aerobically thru basketball) at least 3 times per week, if not 4.  If I'm getting my dog (and that WILL happen SOMETIME) then I need to run him or her EVERY day.  So I'll probably run lower miles quite often to get the same mileage.

Anyway, I still listen to "The Dave Ramsey Show" podcasts while I run.  It's very insightful and motivating to listen to his advice.  I try to guess what he'll say at times (if I'm not doing speedwork) to see if I'm really learning.  Today there was in interesting caller... well, not today but I guess Thursday... but his point was, if you rack up a debt on your credit cards then do you have the moral responsibility to pay it all off, vice asking to pay a reduced amount and be free and clear?  This would be similar to paying medical bills at 40 cents to the dollar or a short sale, etc.

Immediately I said yes.  But Dave... tricky Dave (j/k!) spun it around and gave me quite a bit to think about.  He made the comparison of a loaner having a similar responsibility in getting into a mess with someone who wasn't going to pay and that they should forgive the debts free and clear if the loanee is in an extreme situation.  While the call continued I never heard Dave mention "The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant" (Matthew 18:23-34) but I could tell he was thinking about it as Dave's advice was pretty DARN similar.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: