Thursday, April 3, 2008

Orders!

Being in the military you get "orders" from time to time.  Usually you expect them... usually you are excited at the change in jobs/location/etc.

I'm TOTALLY psyched to be leaving my job.

I'm TOTALLY bummed to be leaving San Diego.

When I joined the military from college, I wanted to go to San Diego in the worst way, and I knew after about 6 months I'd be there.  Sure enough... I got orders to Monterey, California and was bummed.  Turns out, I loved it!  I left there after a year... then another 6 months later I was moving to sunny San Diego!

So here I've been (with my family) since then... and when I move I'll have been in the area for 6 and a half years!  It's cool to think about that.

With that said, I'm moving soon.  Away from San Diego, but I'm definitely trying to make the best of it because (like I said) I'm PSYCHED to be away from my job!  Right now I hate it.  I don't hate much.  This is the worst thing I've ever done in my life.  SO HAPPY to be doing something else... but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

No comments: