Here is a VERY concise update:
- Finals were complete. I asked for leniency on my Controls project, but got little to none and ended up with my only B-. Otherwise I got all A's. Overachiever? No. Hence the B-.
- Moved to Maryland.
- Bought a new couch, chair, and grill. I got the grill at a 25% discount (that's $100 off!)
- Checked in to my new command.
- Did little to nothing at work until last week.
- Ran the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon (see below). Randomly saw Pete M. there.
- Graduation was FANTASTIC. I hadn't realized that John McCain 4 was graduating this year. That was very cool to see a third generation/legacy here at the academy. Got to hear the Commander and Chief speak.
- Had my In-laws at the house for their first visit.
- Had all veterans in our thoughts and prayers today.
That's about as concise as it gets for more than a month of no posts. My reading has suffered and so has my running and/or training. I was up to 8 miles before the move and then during the next 7 weeks I only ran one long run of almost 8 miles. THAT'S IT!
To add to that, Matt didn't train at all. Nope, nothing longer than 3-4 miles. And it was supposed to rain.
I thought I would do really crappy, but considering all of the above we did really well. I promised Matt I'd run with him the entire way as long as he was running. He ran the whole thing. There was a point at which we both wanted to walk, but didn't. Our watches both had around 2:22 so I'm going with it even though we stopped to pee and the official time is a bit longer. I'm very happy with it. It's not anything to brag about, but it isn't bad either.